Thursday, June 23, 2016

Week 41 First Time on a Bicycle

April 18, 2016 Family, Well, it was a really good, fast week. I love it when the weeks go fast. But also it is rough because then you realize how much loser you are to being done. I am 9 months+ out and by the end of next transfer I will be a year. That's really strange, and kind of hit me. Have I done enough? Will I continue to use my time wisely? Have I been using it wisely? Hopefully I can do my best. This last Monday we had a really good lesson with a PM family, our Vietnamese investigator. It went really well. They came to church yesterday too. So that was awesome. Tuesday was a really, really cool day. We were at the church with the Spanish elders and a guy and two of his kids rolled up on bikes. They came in and wanted a church tour, so we gave them one. They really liked it and the guy was on the verge of tears the whole time and really wants to change his life around. Super cool. Right after that, we went over and saw a referral from someone while we were Tracting. His name is Harold. We went and saw him and he agreed with all the stuff we said. We went back the next day and taught him the restoration and committed him to baptism on May 13! We will see how it goes, hopefully he continues to progress. He really wants to come to church as well. We hope and pray that everything goes well for him. That same day we saw the family that us and the sisters are both teaching. It was a good visit with them. Wednesday we had zone conference, which was nice to see president and sister wright. They are the best. Later that day we saw Harold again, like I said earlier. Day 2 of our other lessons cancelled, but that's ok. We were able to make contact with both of them and reschedule. Thursday we went to the food bank. I got to use one of those manual forklift things where you have to hand pump it up. Pretty fun. That night we saw an awesome less active. He is about 6'6" so it's good to be able to look him in the eye. Friday we saw Sean, then we did our weekly planning. When we went to see Sean, this huge 40 foot moving trailer was parked right in the way of our car, so we went up and got the bikes! I rode a bike for the first time on my mission. It was great. Pretty funny. That night we saw the family win the sisters again. Saturday we went way up to knights landing at 8 in the morning and helped them pack up. It's a shame, they are an awesome family. We went and did service almost in another zone later that day. It was way at the bottom of winters area just out of Vacaville. That night we had dinner with a member that served in this mission and he came to a lesson with a PM family. We saw that family with the sisters again. Sunday was cool too. This random guy came cause he saw the lady on the street corner with the sign that says "Mormon.org" and he thought he'd check it out! So he came for sacrament and gospel principles and we had a lesson with him after gospel principles. He is such a cool guy. He lives in the other area so we will hand him off but it was really cool to be there for that. Pretty much I'm just stoked for elder Bednar. I can't wait. It's going to be so great. I love all of you and thank you for all that you do! Love ya! Elder Hatch

No comments: