Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 72 Tsunami Update

Well hello there family,

Well it was a pretty eventful week. We had the big tsunami that turned out to be nothing. It was a crazy day though. I got the first phone call at 3 in the morning from some missionaries who were scared and so I called the assistants and got a call back from them that pres was having a phone conference in half an hour. So at about 4 in the morning we were all on the phone with pres, well at least all the zone leaders. It was crazy. He told us that we need to get our missionaries moving to a safe place so we started packing things and getting the missionaries informed so they could get moving as well. We really had to get moving in the morning so it was like a hurry up and wait because the thing wasn't even going to come until like 11 in the morning. So we got the missionaries safe, did some studies and other activities with them and kept them occupied. We were finally able to leave at like 3 in the afternoon which pretty much shot our whole day. I was so exhausted that I went back to our pad and slept for a little while so that I could at least function. All in all it was a pretty crazy day.

Well yesterday we had Zone Leadership Conference and it was really good. We talked about the needs of the mission and a few other things. It lasted all day but it was good to see so many of my mission friends. We also had the pres of BYU Hawaii come and speak to us so it was really good. He talked about the liahona and how all blessing are predicated on faith, obedience, and dedication. So it was really good. That's about it for zlc though. If I told you the rest it would just bore you. Oh well pres did have me sit next to him which I thought was kind of funny. I love that man though so I didn't really mind. He talked about the new pres a little bit and how he wants to get things all set up for him so that when he comes things are all ready to go.

My comp and I are still doing pretty well and are still trying to get things going in our area. It is a little bit difficult because things have been really slow but I don't get discouraged I just keep going. I am pretty sure I know why I am here now. There are some of missionaries that are struggling and I feel like I can help them out. I just work my hardest all the time and help out where I can. I think I can really help this zone. I still don't know how long I will be here though. We will see though it will be interesting. Well I think that is all for this week. I love you all so much and hope that you have a good week and I will write again on Monday.

Ofa atu,

Zig

No comments: