Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WOW...Week 70 Can you believe it!!!

Well here I am now in Ewa Beach and it is a lot different from the city. My area mostly consists of military people and a lot of newer neighborhoods. I serve the cities of Ewa Beach, Pearl City, Newtown, and Honouliuli. Most of the houses in my area are only about 5 years old so they are are really nice and actually it looks a lot like a mainand neighborhood. I guess one section of our area is a little bit more run down but for the most part it is all brand new. The work here has been really slow and I am going to do all I can this week to get it moving. President has raised the standards for our zone so that should be interesting to see what happens. He says that our zone is really good and that we can do better than they have done in the past. So I am trying to get my zone pumped up and to get them unified as much as I can. Pres expects a lot out of us this transfer so I am going to see what I can do to get that. We are hoping to get 22 baptisms this transfer in our zone so I am going to do everything in my power to help them get it.

So this week had some highs and lows. It was extremely hard to say good bye to Elder Eteaki. I love that guy so much but I have talked to him every day since I left. Pres told me I could talk to him whenever I wanted so that is good. I got to drive the AP's truck for the day and decided I really miss driving a truck. I fit so well in there Colorado and I liked sitting up higher. As for the new zone there are 22 of us and it is the biggest zone in the mission. I am just trying to help the missionaries to know that I love them.I do everything I can for them and just praise them like crazy. I asked my companion if they were doing some things in this zone and he was like no and it is things that should be done in every zone so I changed those right away. My new area is really really slow right now. I don't know what they did all last transfer but they have like no investigators. I will be changing that. It is hard to leave an area because you build it up and get things going great and then you have to leave. It is really frustrating. I left an area with 10 people coming to church 10 with a baptism date and 25 lessons a week to 0 with a date 0 at church and 15 lessons a week. I hopefully will change that though. I am excited to see what happens this next couple of weeks. I am just keeping the faith. You know sometimes the Lord brings us lower before he can lift us higher. Well I know this is short but my mind has gone blank. I love you all so much and hope that you have a good week.
Love you
Zig

No comments: