- Ben Behunin: The Isaac books are some of my favorites. These books are very thought provoking, feel good, self reflecting, entwined with a love story. There are 3 books in the series and I couldn't wait for the third one to come out. I actually went to the author's pottery studio to get it and to see his pottery shop. It was just as I had imagined it. Beautifully written.
- Charles Martin: He is also a christian author and writes a great story. I have read several of his books and have never been disappointed. He also makes you think about your own life and your relationship with others. The one I read most recently and truly loved is "Wrapped in Rain." I think since I teach school it really touched my heart about being the one person to throw the ball.
- Gary Schmidt: My sister introduced me to this auther. He writes for young adults but it is a good read for any age. I don't know if the books reminded me of my childhood or if I could just relate to them. These books give you a renewed faith in humanity and how you can make a difference in anyones life by just listening and being positive. I particularly enjoyed "Okay for Now."
- Garth Stein: I have only read his book, "The Art of Racing in the Rain." I love dogs so this book was a hit with me. It is amazing how the author uses the dog to tell the story. Warning, there is profanity in the book which I wasn't too fond of but other than that a great read. Wherever your focus is that's where you will end up.
- Sandra Dallas: She writes mostly about women and their hardships. I have only read "Prayers for Sale," but it was exceptional. I really liked her style of writing and the feelings she shares. The strength of women and the bonds that hold them together are underlying current in her books.
These are just a few new authors I have been introduced to. There are others I have read but these really are some of my favorites. If you have a favorite please leave a message for me. Our book club is always looking for a good read.