Thursday, December 17, 2009

Week 61 - All is calm, all is bright

Zach is still in Laie and LOVING it. There are a lot of members of the Church there because of the proximity to the Temple and BYU Hawaii. It is so gratifying to see Zach's growth and the deepening of his testimony as his mission progresses. May we wish each of you who have prayed for him, thought about him, sent money, cards and letters to him and supported us as a family during the past 14 months a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. A few thoughts from Zach.
We helped an investigator make Lau Lau this week. It is a small piece of pork with some fat wrapped in tarrow leaves and tea leaves and then cooked for about 4 hours. Really good! We made about 100 of them because they were selling them that night. Our investigators are progressing well and we should have a baptism with Tiara on December 26th and our great Samoan investigator, Jody, on Christmas Day. I am so excited to be spending Christmas in Laie. I have so many great friends and memories here. I feel so comfortable here. I have an excellent companion and a family that loves me. What more could I ask for? I have so much to be grateful for this holiday season. I truly am blessed so much. Looking forward to talking with all of you on Christmas Day. With much aloha. Zach

No comments: