Monday, August 27, 2012

Great Day at the Lake

Before the summer ends our family wanted to play. So my brother and his wife brought their boat to town and provided us with an afternoon of fun. Having adult children makes it difficult to get all of our schedules coordinated. The stars aligned on Thursday afternoon. We found a sandy cove at East Canyon to park our supplies and relax in the sand. Tommy wasn't too excited about the whole thing. The boat and water scared him to death. He didn't want any of us to leave his sight. We slowly got him climatized by skipping rocks and building sand castles. He finally relented and began to play. We also found out that bees love soda as much as humans do. Unfortunately I got my first bee sting since I was a little girl. I forgot how badly they hurt even hours after. I will remember that next time one someone gets stung. We had a great time and made some fun memories. We were all sore the next day but it was well worth it. Thanks Rich and Tam for a great day.

No comments: