Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weeks 79 and 80 (They all seem to run together somehow.)

Malo Elele,

Well first off I would like to apologize for not writing for the past like week and a half or maybe it has been two weeks now. My bad!! Things have been really hectic and there just hasn't been anytime to write. Where to start off?? Well I can't remember what I told you last time but we had like 4 or 5 zone conferences since the last time I wrote. They all went really well and I think that we got better with everyone that we did. President said we got better so that is a good sign. Those take like all day so by the time we would get back from them we would catch up on a few things in the office and then have to call it a night. I know since the last time I wrote I went to Maui. It was really neat to get back there and it brought back lots of memories and reminded me how much I missed that beautiful island and the people that live there. I was able to get in contract with the bishop of the ward that I used to serve in over there and he said it was so good to talk to me because he had lost all my info because his phone had broken. I had a really great time there. It is really uncomfortable to fly on the plane though because they make the seats so small that there isn't a whole lot of room for me to move. Whenever I can I ask for the exit row because there is a lot more room and I can fit so much better and not make the ride really uncomfortable for me and those that are sitting around me.

I think one of my favorite zone conferences would have to be the last one. It was Honolulu and Hon-west. The spirit that was there was so strong and there were some pretty powerful testimonies born about the atonement. It was good too because I got to sit next to my good buddy Elder Eteaki. Man I miss him. Their conference was also good because it was the last one and we finally had all the kinks worked out and everything just went really smoothly without any problems. After that we had a few days off to prepare for transfers because there is so much we have to get ready. President had to go off island again for a stake conference but luckily we didn't have to go off island with him. We hang back and prepare everything for him so that when he gets back he can just go over what we got ready. Today was a big headache. It is such a long process, but you have to allow time for the spirit to work through you so you know exactly where everyone needs to go and who their companion needs to be. It is such an amazing feeling to be in the room and the spirit that is there as you plan. President is such a spiritual giant and you can tell that the spirit is just working through him and that he is receiving revelation. You receive such a confirming witness when something is right it is just so amazing. This upcoming week is going to be insanely busy. Tomorrow and Wednesday we have to finish transfer plans and then on Wednesday night we have cottage meeting at President's house so that will be really crazy getting everything set up for that. Then on Thursday we have to get all of the things ready for transfer meeting like all of the packets and stuff like that for the new missionaries, the stuff for the trunky papers and the stuff for new leadership so we will stay plenty busy. We also have to check on all the housing, the cars, and make sure everyone that is in a car area has a person that can drive and stuff like that. Then on Monday we have zlc again so we will have to do all the planning and organization for that so that we make sure we have everything that President needs and that we can accomplish as much as we can in that meeting. I won't have a p-day again. I think I have actually only had 2 since I have been in the office. Otherwise we just do things on the fly and do laundry wherever we can. I will try and email again whenever I get a chance but there is no promises. I will try and send some more pictures later this week.

Well since I only have 6 months left I have decided I am going to try and lose as much weight as I can before I come home. I am eating a lot more healthy and am eating in a lot smaller porprtions which is good. I am trying to workout whenever I get a chance as well to see if I can't burn off a little of the tongan food. Things with Elder Medeiros and I are still great. He and I get along so well and we seem to get so much done together. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve with him and to learn and to grow from him. He is such a good example of what a good missionary should do and should be. I know that I have made another life long friend in him.

Oh this last Saturday we had another baptism. It was for a girl her name is Fo'o. She is from Maui and is Tongan of course. Her husband was already a member but she was really intersted so we were able to teach her and to get her baptised. It was a really great baptism and our ward is so supportive and will help her to stay active and to continue to build her testimony. We are hoping to have another one this Saturday but we will see what happens. It is for a girl who is married to this Tongan guy she is not Tongan herself but if she comes to the Tongan ward we can teach her. She really understands what we teach her and has a desire to be baptised. I will let you know what happens with her but we don't know anything for sure yet. Well I think I have written you a big enough novel for tonight. I love you all so much and am grateful for the support that you give to me. I am so grateful for this time that I have to serve the Lord with all that I have so that I can say that I gave it my whole heart, might, mind, and strength.

Ofa Lahi Atu

Zig

No comments: