Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 77 and 78 It's a long one...you don't have to read it all.

Aloha,

Well I know it has been awhile since I last wrote and for me it is 4 flights later, two other islands and two zone conferences down. These last couple of weeks have been absolutely crazy!! Starting with conference, man how I loved it. It was amazing right from the get go and was filled with so many great talks all the way through. I have never been so excited to watch conference before in my life except while I have been on my mission. It was really cool, President called us and told us that we had to keep up the fathers and sons tradition and took us out to dinner for priesthood session. It was really pretty sweet. I loved so many of the talks I think that there are too many to mention. One of my favorites would have to be the one on patience. It it so important to be patient with others but especially with yourself. I liked how they talked a lot about how most of things that happen to us in our life come because of how we react to something. I thought it was amazing how so much of this session of conference was based on Christlike attributes and how we apply them into our lives. Really getting back to the basic fundamentals of the church. President said to us, " Brethren what new doctrine did you see taught in this conference?" We said, "nothing president." He said, "exactly it is all the same stuff going back to the basics." Anyway loved conference.

Monday was ZLC ( Zone Leader Council).I always love ZLC but it was a really different feeling being the one running the whole thing and making sure everything went smooth instead of just sitting back and letting someone else do that for us. It was really quite intimidating training all of the zone leaders and knowing that what ever we say they are going to take back to their zones and train all of their missionaries on. That what we have taught them will be applied through the whole mission. It was really great to be able to see all of my mission friends though. So many of my really good friends in the mission are zone leaders. It will be really hard in the next couple of months because many of them go home before I do so I will have to send them home. It is always good to see them and reminisce with them though.
Then later in the week we headed to the big island and I absolutly loved it. I really did not want to leave and I told president that I wanted him to release me so that I could stay there and serve there. He laughed and told me that that was real funny, but that I wasn't going to get off that easily. I told him come on president you don't need me in the office you can do it without me but he declined and told me I had to get back on the plane. I had a really good exchange with one of the sets of missionaries over there and had a lot of fun riding around their huge area with them in their sweet truck. I had a lot of fun. We had our first round of zone conference over there and it went fairly smooth. We had a few glitches but we were able to work most of them and we were able to talk about it with president and get everything in order for the next one. We had to get going right after the conference to get right back to the airport so that we could get back to oahu.

On Saturday we were back on oahu and had to deliver a whole bunch of stuff to missionaries all over the island. We attended a few baptsims, finished a few things in the office, and called it a night. Sunday we had church and it went really well. We have such an amazing ward and I love them so much. They would do anything for us. We went and met with the ysa group from our ward and had luch with them. They are always looking for people for us to teach. After that we went to presidents to do some early end of the week wrap up becasue he had some other things that he needed to do. We had a fireside later that night and it was all in tongan and I could pick up most of it of what was going on. One of our ward members said we don't have any tongan missionaries but its ok because they get the work done. President Peterson got up to speak after him and told him that he was crazy. He said you can't tell me you look at Elder Hatch and tell me you don't have a tongan missionariy. He said he listens better in Tongan than he does in English. He said even though he appears to palangi you peal off that white skin and you have a Tongan underneath. They all started to laugh and after that they all came up and just started speaking pure Tongan to me. I was like gee thanks president. It was a really great fireside though.

Monday was pretty hectic. We spent a good portion of the first half of the day in meeting with president. Going over the logistical things of the mission that needed to be taken care of. Then we got a few hours to get our shopping done and to get laundry and some of that stuff out of the way. We then had to head off to our dinner appointment for the night. We came back and had to get all the things sorted out for todays zone conference and make sure that everything was in order to insure that things went smoother this time then they did the last.

Today was also very hectic. We had to be up by 5:30 to get ready to make our flight on time. Man I am getting used to flying and now I know to ask to always sit in the exit row because there is so much more room there. I can actually fit in that row. We caught our flight and it was off to my old stomping grounds of Kauai. It was really kind of weird but really nice to be there again and to see how similar everything was to when I left. Not a whole lot had changed since I was there last. I enjoyed being in the nice fresh air again though and to see the chapel where I started my mission. We had the conference and this one went a lot better as we had everything in order and all of the kinks worked out so that all we had to do was present it and help all of the missionaries feel the spirit. It was a really big success. I was so tired when it was all over though and had a big old raging head ache. I can't believe that this transfer is half over already. It seems like I just got to the office and I have already almost been here 5 weeks. It is crazy. But I think that is everything that I have needed to catch up on over the past couple of weeks. I am sorry I have been so bad at writing but there really hasn't been a whole lot of time to write. I had a few minutes tonight. Sorry this is so long but I figures you would want to know everthing that has been going on. Well as always I love yo all so much and miss you. I can't believe Mother's Day is like 3 weeks away.

Ofa Lahi Atu
Zig


1 comment:

onlymehere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.