Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 66 Zach gets called on in Stake Conference

Well hello family,

Well another week down and there was quite a bit that happened in the last week. First we had interviews this week and they went really well. I always love the time that I get to spend with President Peterson and here his insight on how I can improve. He said that he was very happy with what I was doing and just keep up the good work. He told me to broaden my horizon and to help other missionaries to get on board with me. So that is what I am going to work on doing is helping out other missionaries and do some mentoring. My interview was long but we mainly just talked about other people. He is such an amazing man I am really going to miss him when he is gone. But I am sure the new one will be just as good.

Well Elder Cook of the twelve and Elder Clayton of the seventy were in town doing a training. We saw Elder Cook in the church parking lot and then we met Elder Clayton on Sunday. We were sitting there in the conference and he said there was an elder standing by that door. I think he was wearing a blue and gold tie. I looked down and it was me. He was like if that elder could please come up here. So I went up and he talked about how someone had to teach me the importance of serving a mission, I didn't just wake up and go. It was really neat to be standing up there with a general authority. I could feel his power and authority. It was so amazing and I will remember it forever. Also this week Elder Eteaki and I had to train all the ward mission leaders from the stake. It was kind of scary but we trained them and the stake president loved it and said because it was so good we will train them once a month. President Peterson heard about it and was so happy and told us to keep up the good work.

I think that is about all that happened major this week. We commited two more people for baptism so that was good. I can't think of anything else that really happened. I put some some pictures on a cd and sent them home so watch for that. I love you all have a good week.

Zig

No comments: