Friday, July 10, 2015

Week 1 First P day...He sounds good!

July 13, 2015
Well its my P-day today! Love you guys so much and I can't believe that I am out here. It is pretty hard and the days are long, but it doesn't seem like I have already been here 2 days. I know its where I need to be and that is what matters, but I am also very excited to be able to go out into the field. There is so much to say and I don't know what to say really. I am thankful that I was not called to be the district or zone leader in my zone or district, and I am the junior companion for the first little while, which is fine by me. So much to tell. My companion is Elder Brooks, from Mesa Arizona. He is a year older than me in school but he is still 18. He is a good guy and we work together fine and get along fine, but we are still getting used to being around and with each other all the time. Luckily there is no major riffs between us so far. In my district there are four of us going to Santa Rosa, and the other 8 are "going" to Provo on their missions. Haha its weird and there is a kid in my district from North, South Carolina. Bahahaha. Anyways my district leader is Elder Bayless, and I found out yesterday that his father passed away a month before he came into the MTC. I can't imagine having that kind of faith, and trust in the Lord to be able to still come out after that. And he is still very happy and sociable too. I think in all of the people I have encountered, there are 18 of us going to Santa Rosa English speaking, 5 sisters ad 13 Elders I think. The first day was kind of crazy, but right when I went in at first there was a bunch of ushers there to help. Apparently there were over 500 of us that came in on Wednesday, so I know that at least 499 other people that are feeling the exact same way as me. The first full day was also quite long. I saw Hagen once in the morning yesterday and I thought that it was like 3 days ago. Anyways thanks for everything you guys do, and for everything you have done. Anyways How are you guys doing? Are you handling it ok? How is it to not have anybody in the house, ya empty nesters? I'm sure that not much has changed in 2 days but I am excited to hear what is going on. On the first night, we were supposed to have some zone leaders come and show us around the campus and tell us some stuff and show us some stuff, but they never showed up, so me and Elder Brooks went and got some people from a few rooms over to show us around. Then the next morning we were supposed to have some teachers or something come and help us but nobody came so me and Elder Brooks were running around to the front desk and the scheduling department trying to get it all figured out. We eventually did and it was just a video we were supposed to watch but whatever. We got our iPads yesterday and it is weird, we actually have a lot of freedom on them. There are some apps we cant download, but we have access to our mail app and message app all of the time. We also have access to the safari app, and we are on the "missionary" wifi here so it shuts off at 10:30 and we aren't sure when it turns back on. I haven't gotten emails from anyone except you guys, and I don't know who to email first, so I am just going to wait it out for people to email me first. Tell Zach that I wore the tie he gave me yesterday, and I was wearing his badge yesterday and today to help me if I get discouraged. Luckily that hasn't happened yet too bad, and I am just hoping to make it through these 2 weeks until I get into the field. I am thinking I will like the field better, but if not it might be a long 2 years. I can't wait (no offense) until the time comes when I don't want to come home. Sorry I am just rambling here I'm not really sure what to say so I am just typing things as they come to my head. The food here is alright, not amazing, but I can't complain. For feeding 2000 missionaries 3 meals every day it tastes pretty dang good. I am still getting used to eating dinner at 5 at night, and praying before every meal right before we eat, but I'm sure I will get used to it. Sorry I don't know quite what to say, and I don't have a lot of time, but I just want you guys to know how much I love you guys, and appreciate everything you have done and continue to do for me. It has only been 2 days since I last saw you, so I can't say that I am dying of homesickness yet, but I still miss all of you back home, and love you all so much. I love you guys, I know that through asking the lord we can accomplish anything. I know that these 2 years seem long but they will fly by.
Thanks again for everything, 

Love, Elder Hatch

A couple of selfies he took for his mother.

No comments: